Sunday, November 14, 2010

Short OOC Update

((Hey, everyone. It's been a month and a half since the last update, and I just wanted to let everyone know I'm still alive and writing. I also wanted to thank Allison Robert on WoW Insider for mentioning the blog in her Shifting Perspectives article a few weeks back.

I made three attempts at writing Scratched Nerve stories back in October, and none of them really panned out. This was pretty disheartening. I've been working on the travelogue since then, and plan to update this week. I've also been delayed by a brief sickness (from which I've recovered).

In some good news for fans of the travelogue, I'll likely be devoting more time to it than originally planned. I'm in a rather intense grad school program. Because I have to do so much writing for my classes, I find that when it comes to hobby writing, the travelogue is simply less taxing than Scratched Nerve. Furthermore, it's easier to get inspiration for the travelogue because all the reading I do for school is nonfiction. It's actually been a long time since I've read a fiction of novel length.

This isn't entirely good; it is absolutely essential for me to write more original fiction. And I won't be stopping work on Scratched Nerve by any means. I just won't be spending as much time on it as I'd planned to a few months back. Earning my Master's is priority number one right now, and everything else has to take a back seat. Maybe a pseudo-nonfiction style is simply my strength. At any rate, it's pretty much a sure thing that I'll cover the Cataclysm zones. I plan to experiment a bit more with inserting narratives into the travelogue, so that will hopefully keep things interesting.))

No comments:

Post a Comment